The Roaring Twenties...
Ku Klux Klan
History of the Ku Klux Klan:
The Ku Klux Klan, also known as the KKK, was founded in 1866 by Captain John C. Lester, Major James R. Crowe, John D. Kennedy, Calvin Jones, Richard R. Reed, and Frank O. McCord. The Ku Klux Klan is a racial group that only accepted whites, meaning that they were against blacks and Jews. The way they got people to join their group were by rallies and protests. The Klan was the strongest in the South and Midwest. The Klan was so powerful that over 40 different variations existed. The Klan was so violent that they were known as terrorists. The Ku Klux Klan is usually referred to the Fifth Era of the Klan and uses this title the Invisible Empire. Also the Klan is no longer known as Ku Klux Klan and people refer to it as the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.
The Ku Klux Klan had a very distinct uniform. They wore white robes, masks, and conical hats. By wearing this uniform they disguise themselves. One of the fashions that was very popular during the twenties were the cloche hat and the flapper dress. The cloche hat came from the wider brimmed hats of the decade before and was still effective up until the 1930s and after that. The flapper dress is actually more presentable than a regular style. The significance of this dress is that it is basically a straight and also loose.
For more information about the Ku Klux Klan history go to this website:
Goals of today's Ku Klux Klan members:
1) Return prayer to school.
2) Stop all non-whites immigration.
3) Drug testing for all welfare recipients. If they have money for drugs, they don't need your tax dollars.
4) Quarantine all AIDS carriers.
5) Make the purchases of America industry and property by foreigners illegal.
6) Do away with free trade that harms the American worker and employ a policy of protection.
7) Workfare, not not welfare. You work for your check, so should they!
8) Stop reverse discrimination by doing away with Affirmative Action.
9) Declare all laws attempting to enforce gun control as unconstitutional.
For more information heres a website about the Ku Klux Klan today: http://www.geocities.com/__izzy__/Dengue/kkk/
Additional Links for the KKK:
The Second Ku Klux Klan:
The Second Ku Klux Klan started in 1915 by founder William Simmons. It had better idea's than the first one and therefore it was stronger. In the year 1920, there were about 4 to 5 million members. The Second Ku Klux Klan wanted to put an emphasis on religion and they wanted the support for the military to go away.
Fun Facts: The Ku Klux Klan's warning to Northern carpetbaggers.